O Leitorado de Poznań do Camões – Instituto da Cooperação e da Língua at the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Polónia, e a Foundation Institute of Popular Culture from Poznań decidiram abrir o concurso de banda desenhada – “Fado Echoes in Comic Books”.
As submissões terão de ser feitas até 31 de Janeiro e têm ser mudas, ou escritas em português, inglês, ou polaco.
Para mais informações sobre como participar, segue aqui os regulamentos (em inglês):
Rules of the 1st Comic Book Contest "Fado Echoes in Comic Books"
1. The Contest is organized by Leitorado de Poznań do Camões – Instituto da Cooperação e da
Língua at the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań and the Foundation Institute of Popular
2. The rules of the Contest are available on the organizers’ websites in Polish and English;
3. The Contest is open to everyone, and the stories should focus on the phenomenon of the
fado music genre: its history and present (and why not, the future too!), its changing social
role, its influence upon other areas of life, new readings and reinterpretations of fado myths,
visual interpretations of stories contained in selected Fado lyrics, biographical representations
of the most important artists of the genre, individual experiences of the author with fado, etc.,
and so on – get carried away by your imagination and creativity.
4. Submitted comics may be silent or “spoken” in Polish, Portuguese or English.
1. We accept comic works that are a closed whole or a fragment of a larger whole, with a
minimum volume of 4 pages or a multiple of four pages (8, 12 …). The total volume,
however, should not exceed 20 pages.
2. We accept solo stories, in duos or created in larger teams.
3. Pages should be in vertical format (A5 or a multiple of this format – works will be reduced
to A5 anyway).
4. Following the announcement of the results, the winner (s) will prepare the cover (for the
publication of the fanzine story) and send the files in print-quality.
5. Applications should be sent by January 31, 2023 to the e-mail email@example.com .
6. The application should include a filled application form attached to the message (Appendix
1 to the Rules), a file with a comic book story (in good quality pdf format as an attachment to
the e-mail or shared on disk for download if the file exceeds the maximum size of the e-mail
attachment) and a data file identification cards (Appendix 2 to the Rules), which will be
opened after the jury finishes their proceedings.
1. The Results of the Contest will be decided by a four-person jury vote. The jury will include
representatives of the organizers or memebers indicated by them. The composition of the jury
will be announced on the organizers’ website.
2. The jury, after reviewing all the works submitted for the Contest, will award the first prize.
3. The first prize is financial and amounts to EUR 150 or its equivalent in PLN (according to
the conversion rate on the transfer date). The winning work will be published in the fanzine
format that will be released during the Poznań Comic Art Festival 2023.
4. The jury reserves the right to award distinctions or additional (non-financial) prizes. The
distinguished works, with the consent of their authors, will also be eligible to appear in
fanzine format during the Poznań Festival of Comic Art 2023.
5. No additional remuneration is payable for the publication of the winning work and the
6. The organizer does not profit from fanzines.
7. The organizer reserves the right to publish the works distinguished in the form of an
6. The results of the Contest will be announced on the organizers’ websites, and the awarded
authors will be informed by e-mail.
1. Participation in the Contest is possible only with prior consent to processing by the
Organizer of the participant’s personal data in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679
of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on protection of natural
persons in connection with the processing of personal data and in the matter free flow of such
data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and the Act of
May 10, 2018 on data protection personal data (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000, as
2. The administrator of the data indicated in the consent to the processing of personal data is
Fundacja Instytut Kultury Popularnej seated at Geodetów Street 30, 60-447 Poznań, email
address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
3. The consent of the Contest participant to the processing of his personal data is voluntary
but necessary to be able to take part in the Contest. For the application to be successful in the
Contest, it is necessary to sign a statement confirming that you have read this information (it
can be found in the file with identifying data).
4. The purpose of the processing of personal data is the organization and conduct of the 1st
Comic Book Contest “Fado Echoes in Comic Books”; including collecting Contest works
with the data of their authors, storing this data, making the works available during the jury
proceedings, selecting winners, contacting the winners, publishing the winning works along
with the name and surname of the author, as well as data processing to compile a Contest
5. Each of the participants has the right to access the content of their data and theirs
rectification, deletion or limitation of processing, as well as the right to object, request
to cease processing and transferring data, as well as the right to withdraw consent in
at any time and the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body, i.e. the President
Office for Personal Data Protection. However, deletion of data will result in loss
contest participant status.
6. The contest participant may withdraw his consent by contacting the data administrator at
the e-mail address email@example.com .
7. Personal data of participants will not be profiled and will not be shared with unauthorized
8. The data controller has no intention of transferring personal data to a third country or an
1. Sending works for the Contest sake equals awarding to the organizer
free and non-exclusive license to use the submitted Contest works in the form of a printed
fanzine, which will be released during PFSzK Poznań.
2. Submitting works for Contest also means the participants declaration that it does not
threaten or infringe the rights of third parties, in particular does not infringe their economic
and personal copyrights, and that the participant has the consent of the persons whose images
have been recorded in the works to use these images for the purpose of participate in this
Contest. The participant is responsible for all claims of third parties resulting from the
violation of their rights.
3. The provisions of the regulations are the sole basis for conducting the Contest, and their
interpretation belongs to the organizer and the jury.
4. Participation in the Contest is tantamount to accepting these rules.
5. The organizer reserves the right to change the rules.
Co-criador e administrador do Central Comics desde 2001. É também legendador e paginador de banda desenhada, e ocasionalmente argumentista.